Interviewing at SIFT is like interviewing for a dozen dream jobs all at the same time. Every single project I heard about was fantastically interesting!
Smart Information Flow Technologies is a growing company, based in Minneapolis, MN, with staff in Boston, San Francisco, Dallas, San Diego, and Washington DC. We are always open to a range of future highly motivated colleagues, from exceptionally qualified researchers with years of experience, to fresh Ph.D. or M.S. graduates, all the way to student interns looking to hone their skills.
Current Positions Available
- Position Description: Researcher (Artificial Intelligence)
- Classification: Full-time employee (W-2) (Salary)
- Location: Minneapolis, MN (headquarters) or Boston, MA
- Qualifications: For full-time, Researcher positions, applicants should have a Master’ s degree, Ph.D., or equivalent experience in a relevant field and should demonstrate more advanced proficiency in appropriate skills.
What do we do?
SIFT is all about cutting edge research and development in a variety of fields, including Natural Language Processing (NLP), Automated Planning, Cybersecurity, Supervisory Control, Healthcare, and a range of Human-Automation Interaction technologies. We value research and innovation, creativity and interdisciplinary approaches to solving problems.
Our projects typically involve a mix of research and development. Applicants should expect to be exposed to a wide variety of tasks, ranging from requirements elicitation, design, implementation and testing/evaluation to research, proposal writing and concept development. Furthermore, ideal applicants should be comfortable assimilating ideas from research literature, expanding and refining such ideas, and developing prototype software for demonstrations and experiments.
Due to the nature of our contract work, positions at SIFT are generally limited to US citizens or permanent residents.
Location & Work Environment
Our main office is in the historic warehouse district of downtown Minneapolis, Minnesota. A vibrant metropolis, Minneapolis offers a wide variety of activities, diversity, and a friendly atmosphere. Qualified candidates are hired for other locations, principally our Boston office.
SIFT offers flexible work arrangements. SIFT employees have the option to work a substantial part of their hours in a home office, and hours are flexible to meet family needs, etc. We value the opportunity to work together with friendly, easygoing, creative researchers in a non-bureaucratic, flexible, and responsive way.
If you have some of the following specific skills they will be beneficial, but please understand you are not expected to have all these skills. If you have strengths in some subset, please read on; you are qualified to move to the next step.
- Python, Lisp, HTML5, CSS, NodeJS, etc.
- Constraint programming experience
- Functional programming (e.g., SML, Ocaml, Haskell)
Key research experience:
- AI planning methods (ideally both practical and theoretical experience)
- Plan recognition
- Machine learning methods
- Computational linguistics (including semantics/relatedness, sentiment analysis and production)
- Constraint satisfaction/optimization
Valued research experience (familiarity with some of these areas would be a plus in combination with knowledge of some of the above key areas):
- Formal methods
- Control theory
- OR optimization techniques
- Human/Computer Interaction and UI development
If you have experience with proposal preparation and/or program management it is a plus, but not required. As our full-time employee you will have the opportunity to grow into securing/leading your own research and development programs.
Please send your curriculum vitae and expression of interest to hiring [at] sift [dot] net.